April 10, 2011

A week without Jon....

So, we survived Monday-Friday this week sans husband.  Obviously, I could not mention this before as I do not like to invite people to break into my house.  (Although if you do, be warned, I might shoot you.)

Anyway, we did really well until Thursday.  Thursday brought on a serious case of the sniffly crazy Stephanie for no real reason. 

Well, not 100% true.  There were two or three reasons.  Allie and the lack of sleep she caused was the first.  After shots Wednesday, Allie probably woke up every 15 minutes Wednesday night, so I was pretty worn out when 6am rolled around and Alligator was declaring herself "hungeee!  hungeee!"  Why did I schedule shots when hubs was out of town?

Also, I was sensitive because something has been nagging at my self esteem.  Why, at nearly 32, do I still care when I know someone doesn't like me?  I mean it's cool if we don't talk all the time, we don't have to be besties, but when someone actively takes a stance to not be friends with me, it drives me crazy.  I know it's irrational, but there it is.  I still care. 

And, just to make sure he wasn't left out, Luke decided to develop a listening problem at home and at school.  Fantastic.  Every parent's dream.

On a positive note, I did work out everyday and twice on Friday.  Why?  Partly because swim season is around the corner and partly because I really love my zumba class.  But the biggest reason I worked out is............. free childcare.  One hour to not be in charge of someone else.  It is my rock. 

So, by Friday it was just time for Jon to come back and restore my sanity.  It is also hilarious to me that I have become so used to having a 'normal' life.  When Jon was gone for 13 months I didn't have very many pity parties.  Now, he leaves for 4 days and I can hardly hack it.  I'm becoming a softie.

Sorry this post is all over the place, but I have had my hands full.

(PS - I have to admit, having full control over the tv and the entire bed was completely awesome.)

No comments:

Post a Comment